RaceTrack home :
Here you will find some Brief details on how the site has been changing recently
22 June 2008
Version 3.34 has been released with the inclusion of 2-handed races as a separate ranking category.
27 April 2008
Version 3.3 is possibly now installed and includes the following changes, one or two of which might work :
- changes to boat ranking to allow selection of 'all boats', 'multi hulls' or 'keelers' as a ranking list, and settings saved as a cookie as a default setting
- a 'series result calculator', which allows for a series result to be calculated, given selected races and # of discards
- A history of PHRF, IRC and ORC ratings for a boat is now available from the boat details page
29 September 2007
Version 3.21 includes changes to allow for the race details page to display results by 'result type', being RaceTrack (same as always), PHRF, IRc or ORC.
02 September 2007
Version 3.2 is now in use, giving a new improved set of lies for people to check. Additions for this version include the following :
- Recent racing, accessed from the home page, this lists the most recent racing to be loaded into RaceTrack
- Boat categories, access from the home page, these are similar to a class but are categories or styles of boat rather than true classes. Examples include the hot rod division, the 40ft division and sports boats
- added ranking change in the display class page
- Elapsed time calculator, accessed from a link from Select club \ series \ division \ race, this sums the elapsed times for each race in a division for a series.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
for any feedback, questions or suggestions for changes or new boat categories.
19 August 2007
Version 3.1 is now up and sometimes running, changes include :
- Summary by month from boat page
- Summary by series from boat page
- win/loss summary from boat page
- Removal of RaceTrack V2, no V2 save links will work any more, please save them again
12 August 2007
Version 3, well the first part anyway, is now up and running. The main changes are as follows.
- Most table displays now support sorting, both ascending and descending by clicking the column header
- The boat ranking and boat name pages have been merged into a single new boat ranking page
- The boat ranking/name page now has boat and design search
- Boat rankings now come in two flavours, 'RaceTrack' and 'full history'
- 'RaceTrack' listings are based on the last two years racing, same as always
- 'Full history' is everything the system has information on, no matter how long ago, even for a single race
- Changing from one list to another can be done through the combo box above the listing tables
- RaceTrack now uses it's own site database making for much faster site updates and much more flexibility for future site development. Oh, and we can now start to load more race history.
- Apologies to anyone who had bookmarked their boat's web page. Please resave the bookmark
- Boat month by month history, series summary and win/loss tables will be back shortly